Welcome at the project page of TFTgallery
Here you'll find some information about TFTgallery, an easy-to-use image gallery using PHP.
The current version is 0.13.1, released on October 24th, 2010.
- no database (like MySQL) needed instead of using a database, TFTgallery uses the file system for data storage. The new cache improves the access speed significantly.
- on-the-fly thumbnail creation When new images are found in the displayed album folder, TFTgallery creates the thumbnails and scaled images automatically withoud user interaction.
- easy picture upload using your FTP access Why use intricated web forms to upload your images? When using TFTgallery you can also upload the images using web forms. But if you want to upload lots of images, you would probably prefer FTP. The TFTgallery recognizes all the images uploaded via FTP, too.
- descriptions for albums and pictures Every album and picture can be described either by uploading a HTML or text file or by using the web form.
- password-protected or hidden albums Maybe your pictures shouldn't be seen by the whole world? Nothing easier than that: The TFTgallery password protection secures your albums from being looked at by non-authorized people. Another possibility would be to hide the album. Then the album can not be found in the album navigation.
- image carts If you want to see your own image collection, you can use the TFTgallery carts.
- PDF and ZIP creation of carts or albums Do you want to download all album pictures in one file? TFTgallery can either create PDFs or ZIP packages.
- image calendars Create your own calender with your own photos using TFTgallery calendar.
- EXIF support TFTgallery shows you the "hidden" EXIF data of your photo camera. Since version 0.12 you can also see an added GPS position and the scaled images are rotated automatically.
- multi-language support Use one of the existing language or create your own language file using the TFTgallery translation tool.
- web page integration Your gallery should be integrated in you layout? No problem: for an example, look at "Demo Gallery".
- slide show and Lightbox integration If you want to scroll your images, use the new slide show or use the Lightbox 2 ability of TFTgallery.
- album themes Boring of standard album themes? TFTgallery can use individual album styles with seperate background images.
TFTgallery only needs a webserver (like Apache, IIS, Lighttpd) with PHP version 5.0 or higher. The required extensions iconv, mbstring and session are usually already included in your PHP version.
Especially when you use TFTgallery, we recommend you to join our mailing list. Here you'll get information about new versions, bugfixes and so on.
Please subscribe at the Sourceforge mailing list server